Best Home Coffee Roasters
Imagine roasting your own beans to the depth and intensity of flavor you love, then grinding them to make the perfect cup of coffee.
Why roast coffee at home?
Coffee roasting at home provides a lot of money, This is due to the fact that Unroasted coffee beans cost much less (half the price usually or less) than roasted, Even the best types of Coffee Beans begin to lose part of their smell and taste after roasting directly, When you roasting coffee in the home, you get fresh coffee beans every time in addition to saving hundreds and possibly thousands of dollars in the long-term.
Some use the oven or popcorn maker, but this does not produce satisfactory results.
1.Gene Cafe CBR-101 Home Coffee Roaster
This Gene Cafe CBR-101 Home Coffee Roaster is our favorite for several reasons including:
- Not complicated
- Easy to clean and use
- Up to 250 grams of green coffee beans are heated in about 15 minutes
- The Roast chamber is clear and fully viewable.
- Continuous rotation ensures equal temperature Roast chamber, which in turn gives the coffee beans roasted evenly each time.
- This Home Coffee Roaster Very quiet compared to another coffee roaster.
- Easy access to spare parts and technical support to keep your product for a long time, so it is a profitable investment.
- The distinctive modern shape.
Package components of the coffee roaster:
- Roast chamber
- Chamber stand
- User’s manual
- Chaff Collector
- Measuring cup
- Cleaning Brush
How to Roast Coffee with This Coffee Roaster
The first step: Insert green coffee beans into Roast chamber, use 250g or less by using a measuring cup.
The second step: insert the chaff collector.
The third step: insert the Roast chamber until you hear a click.
The fourth step: power on by pressing the time dial button blue.
Step Five: control temperature by turning temperature dial button red.
Step Six: turn time button to adjust roast time.
Step seven: press the temperature button to start the roast.
Now with the fully visible roast chamber, you can easily identify each color and phase the roast, at the end of time, you will hear a beep when the chamber stops rotating.
Step Eight: cooling just as you would manually end roast, press temp button slightly to turn off heat.
Step Nine: remove roasted beans from the chamber immediately after finishing the roast.
Congratulations got freshly roasted coffee beans.
Conclusion After our experience with this product
We own this coffee roaster for two years and to get the roasted coffee beans that we prefer, you should roast for 19 minutes at a standard temperature to give the ideal roasting that we want for espresso every three days and we have not encountered any problem over the past two years, and the ease of cleaning and use in addition to The distinctive modern shape at home makes it our favorite among the coffee roaster Other.
2.Behmor 5400 1600 Plus Customizable Drum Coffee Roaster
Behmor 1600 Plus is a home coffee roaster is simple and easy to use.
- Easy to use
- 1 pound can be roasted in one batch
- 5 pre-programmed roast settings
- Patent pending smoke suppression technology for indoor roasting
- Multi-speed motor for better control during roasting
- 5 pre-programmed roast settings
- Suppress the smoke
- Cooling cycle for a quick end to a roasting duration
- Lighted interior for visual monitoring during roasting
- Adjustable, On-the-Fly Time Controls
- Removable chaff tray for easy cleaning
- Fan separates the chaff from the bean and into Chaff tray
3.Nesco CR-1010-PR Coffee Bean Roaster
Take look at the coffee roaster Nesco CR-1010-PR, It looks very beautiful to the viewer at first sight as if it were a drilling machine in the Pacific Ocean.
This coffee roaster is characterized by its high quality and easy to use, this coffee roaster can roast up to 1/3 lb (makes 36 cups of coffee) beans in less than 20 minutes.
The annoying thing about this machine is that you cannot roast a quantity larger than 1/3 lb of unroasted coffee beans, there are two filling lines in the Roast chamber, the first limit is for normal roasting and the second limit is dedicated to dark roast.
Nesco recommends the following roast times:
- Light Roast: 20-22 minutes
- Medium Roast: 23-26 minutes
- Dark Roast: 27-30+ minutes
The way to use roasted coffee
How to use is very simple, there is a small LCD screen showing you the time you can control through the buttons on the left side of the screen, open the top cover and remove the Chaff Collector, add 1/3 lb. or less, then re-prepare the Chaff Collector and close the top cover, The next step is to set the time through the control panel, press the start button, now you can enjoy watching the color change coffee beans gradually.
After finishing, take the coffee beans out to cool them.
Chaff Collector and Roast chamber should be cleaned before re-use.
4.Fresh Roast SR500 Automatic Coffee Bean Roaster
if you are at the beginning of the road and want to buy a Coffee Roaster at reasonable prices this product is suitable for you.
The advantages of this coffee roaster
- You can clearly look into the Roast chamber; this gives you the ability to stop roasting at your favorite level.
- This coffee roaster is quiet compared to other home roaster coffee of the same size.
- Small in size, making it easy to find a suitable place for her in the corner of your coffee.
- Its price is acceptable for beginners in roasting coffee beans.
5.Hottop Programable Coffee Roaster
Its distinctive shape is closer to the miniature version of the commercial coffee roaster, this home Coffee Roaster designed to roast up to 9 ounces of coffee per batch, 250 g – 300 g (It is recommended to roast 250 grams in each batch).
The advantages and disadvantages of this home coffee roaster
We start with advantages
- Capacity: 300g per batch (250g recommended each time).
- A large display window allows you to watch coffee beans inside the Roast chamber.
- Roasting time: 12-22 minutes, can be added more time to get the roasting degree you wish.
- External cooling tray, which is very good and not available in other home coffee roaster.
- Complete control. Maximum temperature, fan speed and roast time can be set before the roast begins and the temperature can be modified at the beginning.
- Smoke reduction system
- After you have finished baking, you can save the roasting settings for the next time.
The disadvantages of this coffee roaster
Nothing wrong with this Coffee Roaster, but the Only price is considered high for home use, so if you are at the beginning of the road this product is not suitable for you.
What should I look for in a coffee roaster at home?
Coffee Roasting capacity
The higher the coffee roasting capacity the higher the price, think about the amount of roasting you need, depending on the quantity, choose a suitable coffee roaster for you.
Noise and quiet
The noise caused by the machines is annoying to many and others do not tolerate, you should look for a quiet coffee roaster or average noise.
Possibility to see a roasting chamber clearly
You will need to be able to see the roasting room clearly to stop coffee roaster when you reach the depth and intensity of flavor you like.
Coffee roaster price ranges from $ 150 to $ 1,500, for home appliances while the cost of business models is much more.
As mentioned above, the higher the coffee roasting capacity, the higher the price, and the price also depends on the quality of the product and other features.